Tuesday, March 6, 2012

For those who play Civilization IV, I've got a question. How come it takes forever to discover a technology?

I've checked various message boards on this game and none of them have answered my question.



I've noticed that in one game, it would take me over 200-300 turns to get to one specific technology. Often, I would have to trade technologies or bribe another ruler for a specific tech. (or hope I get a scholar in a specific city to help with the advancements).



Why does this happen? Is it the way I've advanced my game or the size of my "country?"For those who play Civilization IV, I've got a question. How come it takes forever to discover a technology?
That's a strange problem.



The only time I see such a situation is when the country is in "Anarchy" state for 1 or 2 turns when I change the government type and those stuff.



Well, some factors including the percent of money spend between research and culture, and the number of city. In a city, certain improvement such as university or observatory for example, contributes a certain amount of research point



In that sense, if you are they kind of player that builds almost every improvement including those that adds reseach points, then the more city you have, the more research points you have and the faster your reseach is.



That means, as you advance into the game, your research points goes up. Just make sure you expand and build those research improvement



Then, for the tech, newer tech takes more research points to complete. This is not a problem if you research every tech because you gradually move to more advance tech as your empire expands, so both requirement of research as well as your empire's research points goes up together and you don't see the difference



But if you tries to rush to a certain advance tech by just research a certain path towards that tech, then your research requirement will increasingly exceeds your capability because the more advance the tech is, the more research it requires and you sort of research an advance tech "a little too soon" and your tech starts to take longer and longer





Anyway, have you check http://forums.civfanatics.com/ ?

I think they should be able to give you at least some good advice. The users there are mostly advance players.



I'm just a casual player, lolFor those who play Civilization IV, I've got a question. How come it takes forever to discover a technology?
Technology For Game- http://gametechsumit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment